What to do if I don't see ASAP Utilities in the Excel menu?
Date: June 28, 2005 (last updated on March 10, 2017)
reference id: QA0044
If you have one of the following questions then we have a quick solution for you on this page.
- ASAP Utilities doesn't show up in the menu after the installation.
- You've just upgraded you Excel version (for example from Excel 2013 to 2016) and now you don't see ASAP Utilities anymore in the menu of the new Excel version.
- Suddenly ASAP Utilities has disappeared from Excel. You don't see it in the menu (or ribbon) anymore.
If you get an error from ASAP Utilities during the startup of Excel then you might want to verify if a part of ASAP Utilities is disabled by Excel.
If you've chosen to create start menu shortcuts during the installation then you can choose:
Windows Start > All Programs (or All apps) > ASAP Utilities > Add ASAP Utilities to the Excel menu
In ASAP Utilities Version 4 and 5 this will open Excel with a special workbook and you only have to click on the Next button then to automatically add ASAP Utilities to the Excel menu.
In ASAP Utilities 7 this will run a program that adds ASAP Utilities to the Excel menu.
As an alternative, you can also run the following program which only adds ASAP Utilities to the Excel menu for the user that runs it. Starting from ASAP Utilities version 7, this file is located in your ASAP Utilities program files folder.
Add_ASAP_Utilities_to_the_Excel_menu.exe (557 KB)
If you've used ASAP Utilities before, then please verify that ASAP Utilities is not disabled by Excel.
Re-run the setup.
If you reinstall ASAP Utilities it should be visible in the menu again. If you don't see it, please try solution 1.
You can let Excel know (again) that you want ASAP Utilities to be loaded every time you start Excel. This can be done with a few simple steps:
For Excel 2003/2002/2000:
For Excel 2016/2013/2010/2007:
If this doesn't work then please check solution 4.
If you use Excel 2007/2010/2013/2016 or later then there is an option to disable all add-ins.
Please make sure that option is not checked:
- Select the Office button in Excel (left-top) or choose File
- Choose "Excel Options"
- Choose "Trust Center"
- Click on the "Trust center settings" button
- Then in the left choose "Add-ins"
- Make sure the option "Disable all Application Add-ins (may impair functionality)" is not set because it will disable ASAP Utilities too.
If that option is checked then please uncheck it and restart Excel.
Solution 5 (Group Policy on Windows server)
There is a Group Policy object (GPO) in Excel 2007 and later, called "Disable UI extending from documents and templates".
This policy setting controls whether Office (2007+) applications (such as ASAP Utilities) load any custom user interface (UI) code included with a document or template.
- If you enable this policy setting, Office applications cannot load any UI customization code included with documents and templates.
That also means that you don't see the ASAP Utilities tab in the Excel ribbon.
- If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, Office applications load any UI customization code included with a document or template when you open it.
This is the standard setting from Microsoft and the recommended setting if you want to use ASAP Utilities.
You can find it via:
User Configuration ï申 Administrative Templates ï申 Microsoft Office ï申 Global Options ï申 Customize ï申
set "Disable UI extending from documents and templates" to "Enabled"
set "Disallow in Excel" change to "Disabled".
menu bar, not showing, missing, disappeared, disappears, disappearing, add in not displaying on menu, not visible, Excel, Office, how do i get asap to show up on my menu bar, menu item ASAP Utilities missing after installing, installed asap but not on menu bar, dropdown, drop down, toolbar, How to add ASAP Utilities to Excel menu?, add-ins enabled, but will not display, open, cannot see, can't find, adding to