A new BETA version of ASAP Utilities is available:
3.11.aa beta (21 may 2006).
Last week version 3.11.z was silently released. I updated the download page on my weblog but couldn't find the time to write a post about it. So here are the major changes in comparison to version 3.11.y in the new 3.11.aa.
These are the major changes:
- Sheets ? Sort all sheets in alphabetical order
Used to sort only the worksheets. It now sorts all sheets.
- NEW: Columns / Rows ? Remove all empty columns
This utility will remove all empty columns in your selection. An empty column is defined as a column where none of the cells contains data.
- Columns / Rows ? Color each n'th row or column in selection...
Your last used settings will be remembered.
- Import ? Merge files together in a new file...
Your last used settings will be remembered, including your last used folder.
- Bug fixes in: Export as CSV file, Find/replace in single cell and a few other utilities. Some bugs only appeared in a specific version of Excel.
I never thought I would number up to the letter "z" so I used "aa" for the current version, just like Excel uses for the column numbering.
End of beta?
I want to thank everybody for the thorough testing. At this moment the beta version is better then the current official version 3.10c. Next week I'll probably remove the beta indication and release it as the new official version.